Friday 13 May 2011

Week Fourteen

Days until Mad Monk: 9!
This Week's Weight Loss: 0 (Gained 2lbs. I'm assuming its muscle rather than fat!)
This Week's Training Activities: Back into the routine - Jogging, Wii Fit, Zumba, Caveman Circuits, Walking
 
I am about to say something that I have never ever been able to say before. I have done some form of exercise everyday this week even burning over 500 calories somedays. Wow! Yes, i've been a lot more hungry but i've been very careful about what I eat. So I was a bit miffed to get on the scales & find i've gained 2 pounds this week. My clothes are feeling pretty loose so i'm assuming its muscle but still, its so frustrating when I was so close to being an ideal BMI weight and I feel like i'm going backwards.
 
Anyway, weight gain is not important right now because in 9 days time! Argh!!
On Saturday, I went for my usual run in the pouring rain and got completely soaked. I don't know whether it's the routes around where I live but I feel completely bored of running. I'm finding the NHS podcast a little monotonous as well now. So this weekend i'm going to make sure I have a playlist of songs to listen to when I go for my run & see if that helps things.
On Sunday, I decided to get an old Wii game out called 'EA Sports Active', I used it about twice a year ago & gave up because I was far too unfit for it but I've been really enjoying it & its a lot more challenging compared to the Wii Fit. I've also ordered Wii Fit Plus & Zumba for the Wii. Zumba came on Thursday and i can't believe how energetic it is. I can't wait to try it out properly!
In my lunch breaks this week I've been going for a 3 & a half mile walk around the park where I'll be doing Mad Monk to get used to the surroundings. Hopefully on Sunday i'll try & have a walk around the actual route so i've got a good idea of what i'm doing & how steep it actually is.
So my week has been spent alternating running and the Wii. I also accepted my lovely friend, Debbie's invitation to try out 'Caveman Circuits' at her gym. I thought it would be a bit of fun which it most definitely was but it was flippin hard work! It even included squatting whilst having Debbie on my back. I'm still aching now but it most definitely made me feel more prepared for next Sunday! I have to be honest though, i'm absolutely shattered! Exercising so much plus having a very stressful week has completely knocked me for six and i'll most probably be doing the same again next week!
 
So with 9 days to go, i'd love to hear how you think I should prepare for this. Should I rest? Should I continue exercising next week? Should I drink more? Should I eat more? I have no idea. All i know is that when I do Mad Monk next Sunday I'm not going to win it or do it in a silly time like 45 minutes but I'm going to do my best and remind myself why i'm stupidly having a swim in the River Derwent.
 
I'm so close to my £500 target for the Stroke Association now. I'm currently at £475 and with my last week before the race coming up, last minute donations would be very much appreciated. Please let me know if you're planning on popping up to Darley Park next weekend too! It'd great to see you all there and you can even laugh at me running round the circuit dripping wet from my first dip in the River Derwent.
 
Again, thank you to all those who have sponsored me so far. Your money is going to a very good cause all in memory of my Grandparents. Apparently in Nottingham city centre this week the stroke association were doing blood pressure checks which is the type of thing i'm really pleased the money is going towards. Hopefully these free checks will stop strokes before they actually happen.
 
Thank you everyone! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment