Monday 4 April 2011

Week Eight

This Week's Weight Loss: 1lbs
Total Weight Loss: 9.5lbs
This Week's Training Activities: Walking, Jogging, Gardening



Hi all,

Apologies for the very late blog entry, the past few days have most definitely flown by! I can't believe we're on Week 8 has been & gone! Part of me feels that I've come a long way from Week 1, another part of me is screaming that I'm most definitely still not ready for Mad Monk. Thank God I still have 7 weeks to go!  Last weekend, I did my longest run without stopping (20 minutes). I was quite nervous about it but once I'd found my pace I really enjoyed it & was really proud of myself. Then for some reason I hit a brick wall, training went back down to running for short periods of time & I really struggled on Monday. I don't think it helped that I'd been gardening & my legs felt as if they were lead but it really put me in a low mood for a few days. I honestly thought that somehow I'd gone backwards. How could I have done 20 minutes of running without stopping & then 2 days later struggle doing 10 minutes of running?  I even put off my run on Wednesday because I felt so down about it. But after speaking to the boyfriend, he made me realise that unless I stayed positive I would never achieve anything! Ofcourse it never passed my mind that I wasn't going to Mad Monk, I want to do this for my family plus I've raised an amazing amount of money for the Stroke Association. The very next day I got back out running & even though I really struggled with it again, some little cheeky kids even decided to have a race with me. The little buggers! I came last apparently, I had been running for about 20 minutes by then, mind. But I'm still going & on Saturday morning, I made myself very proud by running 4 kilometres (2 & a half miles) without stopping. It took me 35 minutes but i'm nearly at the 5k milestone. I was chuffed & it really meant a lot that I've inspired other people to start running as well. I had a lovely message from my friend, Debbie to say she's started the couch to 5k programme now. Two other friends have also told me they are also going to start. If you're sitting there right now thinking you'd like to give it a go, do it! Even if you don't think you're a runner! At school, we had an annual 1 mile fun run around the school. I used to think it was a complete waste of time for people like me who couldn't run. Now I'm running 2 & a half miles without stopping, its mad! If you need a reason to run, sign up to a charity event. Race for Life is coming up soon as well as plenty of other events. Don't think about it, just do it!  If you'd told me 3 years ago, i'd be doing this, I would've thought you were mad! Actually, scrap that! If you'd told me 9 weeks ago I'd be running 2 & a half miles I would've laughed at you. So it just shows anyone can do it, even if you're are overweight. This picture just makes me realise how far i've come in the last few years.





So the week continues with more running! I know every week I keep promising to go swimming & I will eventually. Its finding the time to go! Today I'm going to be honest & say I will not be going for a run tonight. My weekend has included too much eating/drinking & not enough sleeping so I'm feeling pretty shattered & I don't want to push it by going for a 25 minute run & exhausting myself. So I will be resting (maybe a bit of Dancing on the Wii if I feel upto it) so i'm prepared for a run on Tuesday & all the dancing & screaming I will be doing on Wednesday evening at the Mcfly concert (Me? Excited? Nooo!!! Okay, maybe just a little bit!) 


I promise that this Friday there will be a Week 9 update & Mcfly photos if you're extremely lucky (because screaming over 4 beautiful men counts as training for a 10k assault course!) See you soon! x

PS: If you haven't sponsored me already, do it!!!!  Surely the picture shows how far i've come & how much I want to do this in memory of my grandparents! Thank you :)

1 comment: