Friday 25 March 2011

Week Seven

This Week's Weight Loss: 0lbs
Total Weight Loss: 8.5lbs
This Week's Training Activities: Walking, Jogging, Sightseeing & general busyness!


Another week passes & I haven't lost any weight! Then again, I did lose 3lbs last week so I suppose I'm okay about it.


The week started off with a weekend in London. We both had an absolutely amazing time! The weather was beautiful, our hotel was lovely, the boyfriend loved his tour around Lords & hated the London Eye but we really enjoyed ourselves. Due to the weather, we ended up walking most of the time & racked up an amazing 41,000 steps on the pedometer. We worked out that we walked about 16 miles. I was also pretty chuffed after looking at a few photos of myself with the sights of London. I think my actual words, 'Bloody Hell! I look tiny!'  I was 15 stone at my heaviest & wearing size 16 clothes. Although I have lost a lot of weight in the past 18 months, my mind still seems to think I'm this whale of a person (even though size 16 is most definitely not a whale size. It just made me look even shorter & stubbier than ever!) I still look at size 12 clothes wondering whether it'll fit. Anyway, here's a few piccies of London to share with you...



Me & the Lord's Pavillion. (Very exciting for a cricket geek!)


Me on the London Eye.
This was taken by the boyfriend one handed, the other hand was clutching the bench. The wuss!

Anyway, on to training talk! This week hasn't been the greatest week for training. With all the walking that we did at the weekend, I've tried to take it easy. I've currently completed 2 runs from Week 5 of the NHS to 5k podcast. My running record is now 8 minutes non-stop. This will hopefully be jumping to 20 minutes tomorrow when I do my 3rd run of the week. I've also changed my running route so I run to another park the other side of my area. It's really helped me to keep focused, I think if I was doing 8 minutes running circuits around my local park I'd be completely bored. With the clocks going forward this weekend I'm also hoping to start swimming now the weather has improved. My nearest swimming pool is a 15 minute walk away which is really helpful! So hopefully in my next entry, I will have swimming in my training activities.

Eating hasn't been so good this week. I've been feeling very fed up lately & have resorted to eating. Well, mainly snacking on lots of naughty things! This week we've had homemade chocolate muffins & carrot cake hanging around the house & colleagues at work have been bringing in lots of treats too! I really need to stop caving into temptation!! Whilst I'm being very honest, my decision to give up bread for lent was broken at the weekend. I accidentally ordered bread & butter pudding whilst I was in London. I made Chris promise me that he'd help me avoid eating anything with bread. But neither of us noticed what I'd done until I was half way through my pudding. Oops! How silly am I?

I've had another brilliant week fundraising. The boyfriend's colleagues have sponsored me £50.00 in total which brings the full total up to just below £250.00. Absolutely amazing!!! I'm chuffed! So the target has been moved again up to £300! Remember, I'm also putting handbags up for auction on EBay to raise more money for the Stroke Association too. If you've got a bag you've hardly used, why not donate it to the handbag auction? Training and raising money has been such an amazing thing to do so far. Its brought back a lot of lovely memories about my grandparents & its lovely that I'm back in contact with some family members that I haven't spoken to for a while.

Thanks so much to everyone for reading this. See you next week :)



No comments:

Post a Comment