Friday 11 March 2011

Week Five

This Week's Weight Loss: 1lb
Total Weight Loss: 5.5lbs
This Week's Training Activities: Walking, Jogging & Housework!


A very bad week! Well, that's what I thought anyway! I keep saying on my blog that next week I will try to be healthier and then I go and give in to temptation. We spent the weekend in Suffolk visiting Chris' parents and celebrating his school friend's birthday. I felt as if I had a bread overload - bacon sarnies, crumpets, toast, hot dogs, burgers. Not the greatest start to the week. Maybe I was unconsciously trying to fit my 7 week consumption of bread into one weekend ready to give it up for lent. I don't know but I most definitely felt bloated by Sunday evening and then I gave in to a Indian Takeaway after a very long drive home. Remember that Sumo picture from last week? There was most probably some resemblance on Sunday night. I also decided to try & make a carrot cake at the beginning of the week which was absolutely beautiful & have been scoffing that throughout the week. I was so nervous about weigh in this morning because I really thought I had put on all the weight that I had lost but thankfully I have lost a pound. I have actually lost weight! My excitement at 6.30am was not appreciated by my grumpy boyfriend!


I've found myself completely bored of the exercise bike this week. It's so dull and I can't seem to focus for long before finding some excuse to get off it so I've been looking into other ways to exercise. The weather has been beautiful this week, cold but still lovely & sunny so I've been finding myself walking a lot more. I had a long walk around my favourite park during my lunch break on Tuesday. I enjoyed it so much that I'm planning to run there on Sunday morning. Speaking of running, I'm still doing well with my couch to 5k podcast. I'm now running for 3 minutes without stopping or feeling too tired which is a personal record. I don't think I've ever run for that long! I'm feeling a little worried about next week's podcast as it's running for 5 minutes so I'm going to hopefully going to fit in a 4th run on the Week 3 podcast tonight before badminton. I'm also looking into swimming, zumba and even getting a personal trainer although we're a little strapped for cash at the moment so I may have to wait until pay day. 

As announced in last week's entry I have decided to give up bread for lent this year & its going well. I've had some lovely lunches this week including jacket potato, salad, ryvitas & pasta salad. I've enjoyed them all. I even managed to avoid the garlic bread I cooked for the blokey the other night which is very unlike me. I think the one i'm really going to struggle with is not eating pizza but so far, so good! 

I think that's all to report on this week. Don't forget to read my handbag auction post, I've already received my first donation (thank you Debbie!) Thank you for all your donations so far! I'm still completely blown away by your generosity. I'm hoping for a huge weight loss next week, I want to get to my half a stone target weight loss next week & I'm starting off with fitness Friday today. No naughty snacks as of yet & an evening of running & badminton. I'm actually looking forward to it! 


See you next week! 


PS: Forgot to add my excuse about the Army day assault course. Took my tracksuit ready to have a go at it to find it was a little too extreme for me. I was right to back out of it, someone broke their collarbone taking part. Good choice by Becki!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to send you a handbag!! I just need to decide which one to send you. I will drop it in the mail in the very near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Erin. I really appreciate it! What a star! :) x

    ReplyDelete