Friday 18 March 2011

Week Six

This Week's Weight Loss: 3lbs
Total Weight Loss: 8.5lbs
This Week's Training Activities: Walking, Jogging & general busyness!


This week has been busy, busy, busy! I feel as if I haven't sat down at all this week! I've been really pleased with my diet this week, I've treated myself a few times (I've had a little piece of my carrot cake for elevenses everyday) this week but I haven't gone from one extreme to the other. I've just been more aware about what I'm eating, how much and how hungry I feel. It seems to have worked! The weight has fallen off me this week & I think I may be very close to going down a dress size. My clothes are starting to get baggy! 


This week on my NHS couch to 5k training I've been running for 5 minutes non stop. It's an absolute miracle for me! Each session, I am now running for a total of 16 minutes. That's basically half of the podcast! It's mad to think that I'm running double the time I was in week 1! I've actually started to feel like a proper jogger too! On Sunday, I joined the other joggers in my local park in the freezing & drizzly weather & on Tuesday, I decided to go for it & run on the pavement next to the main road. That's right, I actually went public with my jogging! God knows what they drivers & pedestrians thought but I thought I must've looked proper cool! I'll be taking my third run of the week tonight as I didn't have chance last night. Then hopefully by the end of Week Seven I will be running for a total of 20 minutes non stop. Yes, I am very worried! I'm also hopefully going to try & find time to go swimming next week. Well, that's if the weather ever warms up! 


Week 2 of giving up bread has gone well. I'm starting to become addicted to Ryvitas. The whole idea of giving up bread was to have a variety of different lunches. So far I've had jacket potato one day & ryvitas the rest. It's been far too cold this week for salad! I'm thinking maybe the huge weight loss is due to not eating bread. We'll see what happens though. 


The boyfriend & I are off to London this weekend. The main reason is to see the Ashes Urn at the Lord's Cricket Ground, I bought the tour tickets for his birthday present last year! We're really excited and planning to walk everywhere to save money and burn calories. We're going to be proper tourists & see all the sights! I'm thinking the diet may be forgotten about over this time but we'll see. I really fancy trying a sushi restaurant whilst we're there. 


I'm sorry there's not much more to report on this week! Hopefully I'll get chance next week to give the handbag auction a big push! I haven't had chance to do much marketing for it this week & my page has had a serious lack of sponsors too! If you still haven't sponsored me, please do! This is all for the Stroke Association. If it was for myself, there would be no way on earth that I'd be training on a Friday evening! 



Have a lovely weekend! 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment