Friday 20 May 2011

Week Fifteen - The Final Countdown!

Days until Mad Monk: 2!
This Week's Weight Loss: 2lbs (Yay!!)
This Week's Training Activities: Wii Fit & Jogging

Well, this is it now! Mad Monk is not far away! I can't believe how quickly the week has flown by, its been a busy one so I am most definitely physically and emotionally shattered. I've burst into tears at least 3 times this week because i'm so nervous about it all. I just want to do everyone proud now especially my nan & grandad! 

Again, I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has sponsored me however big or small, its really meant a lot to me that you've all thought of me. I'd like to add a huge thank you to my Uncle Tony & all his family for their generosity. This week I nearly collapsed in shock when I received an email from JustGiving telling me that they had donated £150! Amazing!

I've received my timing chip & vest number in the post this week which makes it all the more real. Apparently over 600 people are taking part. Eeek! I was not expecting so many! It actually makes me more nervous as there's going to be so many there taking it seriously then there's me, huffing & puffing away after running a couple of miles! But i'm just going to do the best I can, keep on thinking of why i'm doing it & push myself to get it over with as soon as possible so I can have a large alcoholic drink & a huge piece of chocolate cake in a pub! 

I also received a lovely Good Luck card off the girls from the Stroke Association, East Midlands branch yesterday which has made me feel a lot better about things. I sent them an email back thanking them & hopefully brightening up their day with the amazing news of what I've currently raised. As soon as I hear a reply from them, i'll post it on here. 

If you'd like to come down & watch myself and many others torturing themselves on Sunday, please feel free to come down. It sounds like it could be a brilliant family day with a BBQ, cake stall, bouncy castles, face painting, etc. It all kicks off at the Rugby Club in Darley Park at 10.00am. 

Thank you again for all your support & generosity the past few months, I am completely overwhelmed and am so appreciative. Hopefully there will be an aftermath blog entry on Sunday night...if I survive!

xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment