Wednesday 9 February 2011

Fatty Confession!

My name is Becki and I am a severe couch potato.
Interests include reading, watching tv, eating (mainly chocolate & takeaways), using my netbook and sleeping. Basically anything that doesn't involve too much energy, I'll happily enjoy doing it! I am a BMI of 27.29. I am officially overweight.

So, time to make a change. My work colleague announced on Facebook a few weeks ago that she'd signed up to something called 'Mad Monk'. A 10k assault course in a local park. This should give you an idea of what it's all about:




Am I stupid? Probably. But there are a few reasons why i'd like to do it.
1. Motivation to get fit.
2. I promised myself that by next summer I will be brave enough to wear a bikini abroad.
3. The most important reason. On my list of 'Things to do before I die', I want to raise money for the Stroke Association in memory of my Nan & Grandad who both passed away a few years ago.

So here I am, signed up to Mad Monk and the Stroke Association have agreed for me to take part on their behalf. How am I feeling? Stupid, scared and most of all unfit! Training started at the beginning of the week with lots of walking and using my exercise bike (formally my clothes hanger). Make sure you keep checking back for regular updates on my progress and if you'd like to sponsor me visit www.justgiving.com/madbecki
Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment