Friday 18 February 2011

Week Two

This Week's Weight Loss: 2lbs
Total Weight Loss: 4.5lbs
This Week's Training Activities: Exercise Bike, Walking & walking up 18 flights of stairs!


This week has passed by quite uneventful compared to last week. I've kept to my exercise regime which I'm very proud of myself for, it's currently at the point where if I have a rest day and haven't done any form of exercise I feel a little guilty about it. But I'm feeling a lot fitter already, a few weeks ago after sitting on the exercise bike for a minute I was getting out of breath, I can now cycle for about 10 minutes without struggling at all. 
I even managed to get my best time on the stairs this morning, 2 minutes & 14 seconds!


On Monday I went a bit OTT on the exercise front. I walked about 5 miles in all as well as doing 20 minutes on the exercise bike. I ended up in bed by 9.30pm but it hasn't seemed to stop me and after a rest day on Tuesday, I've felt better than ever. 


Food temptation has been a pain, I treated myself to a bag of maltesers on Monday seeing as I wasn't expecting anything off the boyfriend on Valentine's Day (I was correct to expect that!) and I've been baking for special occasions. I made Banana Muffins for my other half's lunch box on Valentine's Day (luckily I hate bananas so I was able to ignore those sitting in our house). I also made some amazing smarties cookies for a work colleague's birthday. I have to admit I did help myself to one of those but I'm very pleased that it was only one, usually when I bake I end up eating a pile. Everyone enjoyed my cookies so much I'm baking some more for my friends and family for the weekend. Hopefully I can ignore that batch too so everyone else can eat them!



Now the evenings are getting lighter and I'm feeling a bit fitter, I'm hoping to start running after work. My exercise plan will hopefully ensure I'm doing a little bit of exercise nearly everyday. I'm also joining Badminton Club tonight, I'm not particularly good at it but at least it gets me running around and burning a few more calories.

Week 3's Exercise Plan:
Saturday - NHS Couch to 5k Podcast
Sunday - Rest Day
Monday - Walking up stairs,  25 mins on Exercise Bike
Tuesday - NHS Couch to 5k Podcast
Wednesday - Walking up stairs, 25 mins of Exercise Bike
Thursday - NHS Couch to 5k Podcast
Friday - (Visiting somewhere nice) Walking

I still need to stress that I am doing all of this for the Stroke Association as my family have a history of strokes. This training & Mad Monk is all in memory of my Nan & Grandad who passed away a few years ago, both due to strokes. I want to ensure that if anyone else in my family suffers a stroke that they will get the best treatment possible with help from the money I've raised. This link should tell you a little more about where your money will go if you would like to sponsor me. I would also really appreciate you passing on the link to my blog to your friends and family. I would love to get as much support as possible doing this as I am completely petrified about it.



Thanks :) x


No comments:

Post a Comment